"Janusz S. Bie/n" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Jun 1992 09:04:35 CET
>On Tue, 16 Jun 1992 13:17:01 EDT Paul Hyland <PHYLAND@GWUVM> said:
>
>>Isn't that  what list passwords  are for? What  is the exposure  that is
>>greater  than being  able  to  modify and  update  a  filelist, using  a
>>password, or to update files on a fileserver?
>
>We are  talking about  a different  order of magnitude  of damage  here -
>something that  can get  you to  court and with  a good  reason. Allowing
>someone to update a  mailform on his own is equivalent  to giving him the
>logon password of LISTSERV.
>
>  Eric

I don't see what kind of legal danger you have in mind. I think also
that there is a difference between updating the mailform of the list
one owns and obtaining the logon password of LISTSERV.

BTW, some time ago I was puzzled by the setting SUBSCRIPTION=OPEN and
REVIEW=PRIVATE. I asked the list owner it about and got the answer that
it is the consequence of German law. Can anybody confirm and/or
explain it?

JSB