Andrew Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 11:37:56 -0400
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Stephens, Larry V wrote:

> > One of my subscribers is complaining that her disgest does not have the
> > number of messages advertised. She seems to be the only one who is having
> > this problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Her example is below:

>         I get a lot of these same complaints. I *think* it is a problem with
> their email program not being fully MIME compliant.

Actually, the problem may be that their e-mail program *IS* fully MIME
compliant.  There is a known problem in LISTSERV that did not protect a
line of 32 dashes from being mis-interpreted as a digest terminator.  It
was fixed a couple of months ago but I don't know how the fix is
distributed.

Andrew.

Andrew Morrow   home:[log in to unmask]  office:[log in to unmask]
                Member of the Pegasus Mail Support Group