Karen Reznek <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:39:44 -0400
Pete Weiss wrote:

> 3) poster who selects the "right" topics in the SUBJECT: line

In my experience, that is where things fall apart. At least among the
subscribers I've encountered, it seems to be near impossible for many
people to remember the format of the TOPIC.

For example, if the TOPIC is OT, it will show up as:
OT <subject>
OT:<subject>
Off Topic:
OT;
OT,
and probably a few other variations I can't remember now. We found that
the mis-use of TOPICS generated so much discord ("I signed up to *not*
receive mail on the topic -- why do I keep getting it?!") that we
finally dropped it.

--
Karen Reznek, co-listowner - Asperger
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]