Eric Bollinger <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:45:40 -0400
Hello,

I am trying to subscribe a batch of 30 people to lists via a single email
message.  The message contains an ADD command for each subscriber-list
combination.  E.g.:

ADD listname1 email_address1 fname1 lname1
ADD listname2 email_address2 fname2 lname2
etc

The email is being sent from an account that has admin priveleges on the
listserv server.  This account is not the same as the list
owner/maintainer.  Note that I did not supply a password and did not get a
msg indicating that I needed to.

I'm having some problems:
1.  I get a return message for each ADD asking me (admin) to confirm that I
want to add that person.  This is a problem because the whole point of
batching the subscriptions is that it is automated and doesn't require
admin intervention to accomplish.  Note that I tried included //x JOB REPLY-
TO=NONE before the ADD commands (with and without).  Also note that I can't
make the commands QUIET (I dont think) because I need a welcome message to
be sent to the subscribers.  I would also like to require a confirmation
email from the subscribers.

2.  Even after confirming that I want to ADD the subscriber (by clicking on
the weblink) and receiving a message indicating that I have successfully
added that person, the subscriber whose email was listed in the ADD command
never receives a welcome to the list message.

Finally, the lists have these settings:
Validate =  Yes, Confirm
Subscription = Open, Confirm

Any help would be much appreciated.