Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 15:43:29 GMT
On Tue, 3 Dec 1996 16:18:05 +0200, Helge Niska <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>...the domain
>address looks fishy; but OTOH mail seem to have gone through earlier. Is
>[log in to unmask] a valid address or not?

This does not look like a valid address.  the . immediately after the @
is not valid without a name.

This is a problem for me as well.  PSI.NET (who uses the name
MINDSPRING.COM now) bought out a couple of other networks.  As of
December 1 that have apparently converted all those former users to the
MINDSPRING domain address, but not without some problems.  The userID
part of the address looks like a typical ID for what used to be called
INTERRAMP.COM  I have couple of users who used to have Interramp.Com
addresses whose userID apparently also changed with the change to
Mindspring.Com.  I solved it by FWDing the bounce message to several
possible address combinations until I got a response.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]