Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 15:11:34 -0700
At 03:47 AM 1/5/97 -0800, Eric Paul-Hus wrote:
>In regard with Mike specific problem... i.e. holding only non-sub mail
>but letting go Usenet untouched...

   Far be it from me to tell anyone else how to run their list, but Usenet
mail IS from nonsubscribers, unless they have subbed and set selves to
nomail (and I have a number of such folks on all my lists, who prefer to
read it as netnews instead of as listmail for reasons of their own).  It
certainly isn't much trouble for them (or me) to set up.

The spam protections and limiting postings to subscribers catch well over
99 percent of the spams.  However, if you open yourself up to the usenet
gateway, you'll be buried in spams again from the usenet side.  I
know...cuz I've been there and done that.

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.