Thu, 27 Jun 1996 08:20:07 -0400
At 16:40 06/26/96 PDT, Peter Rauch scribed:
>> Date:         Wed, 26 Jun 1996 19:06:39 -0400
>> From: Philo <[log in to unmask]>
>>
>> So, a simple prefix of some abbreviation would prevent much groaning and
>> complaining.
>
>A more effective longterm solution would be for each of those cc:Mail
>corporate users and corporations to indeed "groan and complain"  --loudly,
>to Lotus. Why should the world bend to non-standards-compliant, or
>crippled, or dumbed software?
>Peter

Just for the record:
We have cc:Mail in our organization of 600, which has some tough budget
problems. If the mail system "works", why spend $$$$ to replace it?
Especially when you consider it's not just purchase price, but conversion,
installation, and training issues...  Tough call- does the company bend to
the will of the (usually a minority) workers, or does LSOFT adjust to suit
its customers (listowners and members)?

Philo

Philip B Janus                 || "Cigarettes are not addictive.
[log in to unmask]                ||  Just don't inhale..."
*2*E GULC        <*>           ||     Dole/Clinton '96
http://www.radix.net/~philo    ||