Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:52:33 -0400
I wouldn't say it is another way of letting them win.  In their minds, the
only thing that counts is how much money did they make off their spam.

But the major damage of spam is the reduction in usefulness of email as a
communications tool.  And excessive false blocking certainly increases
that damage.  Nobody wins then, not even the spammers.  If you give up on
email, they don't have any way to reach you and their have to go back to
legitimate jobs.

---

"Solving the spam problem is like curing cancer. It's not one disease but
100 diseases, each with their own issues."  -- John Levine co-chairman of
the independent Antispam Research Group, part of the Internet Engineering
Task Force.

William Brown
Messaging/Filtering Services
Technology Services, WNYRIC, Erie 1 BOCES

"LISTSERV list owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on
08/03/2005 05:10:11 PM: