Wed, 3 Mar 1993 07:11:00 EST
As a non-computer scientist that was raised on microcomputers
rather than mainframes, I find most aspects of the management of
LISTSERV lists and databeses to be rather crude by the standards of
comtemporary microcomputer systems.  For other network services,
specifically for Internet stuff like FTP, WAIS, and Gopher, there
are now client programs that provide a nice menu/icon/mouse/window
point-and-shoot interface that is much more in tune with the other
applications on my "desktop".  Has anyone out there heard of
similar things for list management?

Tom O'Haver
University of Maryland
CHEMCONF-L, ICS-L