Joop Reijenga <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:51:06 -0400
Hello all,

I searched the archives but couldn't fine anything related, if I missed a
discussion about it any pointers would be appreciated.

Point where I was looking for is related to the new (1.8e) option to define
the Sizelim= setting in K (Kb) or M (Mb) instead of amount of lines.

1st Q: I am wondering if this K or M setting is also possible for defining
the digest size but can't find anything about that.

Using a "sizelim= xxK" would be more practical but recalculating this for
amount of lines in the Digest= setting wouldn't be practical.

At the moment we use:
Sizelim= 1000
Digest= Yes,same,Daily,06:00,size(1500)

Using this 500 difference to prevent newbies from replying with full digest
quoted and that works as intended.
The current settings result in digests from around 45 to 75Kb (mostly 2
digests daily).

2nd Q: a MIME digest contains more lines (headers etc.) as NOMIME digests.
How does Listserv calculate this (in our case) 1500 limit? Calculated based
on incoming?

Replying with a cc to my address would be appreciated since I am on INDEX.

TIA,
Joop Reijenga.
(listowner: ME-PLATFORM at NIC.SURFNET.NL)