"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 17:22:16 -0500
>2 - Where there is a prompt for an email address ( and possibly a name
>also ), the user hits the submit button.
>
>I would like to implement the latter of the two choices for our site,
>yet I am not sure what the best way is to go about doing this.  I need
>some help ( and soon, hopefully! ) on how to accomplsh this.  Any
>suggestions?  Sample CGI scripts?

I do have a suggestion but not a CGI script, and my suggestion may already
have been thought up by LSoft in an effort to prevent the problem I'm
going to address here.  (If it was, just let me know.  :) )

Something that you will definitely want to do if you want to have the web
interface deal with subscriptions is to make sure you set all lists to

* Subscription= Open,Confirm

at the very least.  This will prevent people from subscribing other people
(or other lists) to the list, because each subscriber must confirm that
they do in fact want to participate in the lists.  The hassles you can get
into if random people start subscribing random other people can be a big
mess otherwise.

Again, if this is already part of the functionality of the web interface,
to default to confirm, let me know.  I'm always looking to learn new
things.  :)

>Any help would be most appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Jonas Viik