Bruce Dienes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 09:12:58 -0600
>Date:    Wed, 8 Feb 95 09:35 EST
>From: "Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: quaker-p setup
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>I did see your FILTER= and I have some of the same addresses in
>mine.  While looking at yours, I thought that maybe ERIC should
>create a new operand for FILTER i.e., HIDE:, so that non-list-owners
>can NOT view those via a REVIEW i.e., it is none of my business to be
>able to "see" who other list-owners are filtering viz. HIDE:.
>
>Feel free to forward my SUG (if appropriate).
>
>/P

I think that would be a great idea.  It would also be good if "quiet:"
listowners were not displayed in a REVIEW.  There are some people who
would be glad to be technical support for lists, but who don't want all
the queries they get when they are identified as listowners.  It would
be good if these "quiet:" listowners were not listed when people get
messages from listserv such as "You are not authorized to post..."
followed by a listing of people to contact.

What do you thnk, Eric?

--
Bruce P. A. Dienes                     Beware the iniquitous Disk Trolls!
Internet: [log in to unmask]