"Lee J. Silverman" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Apr 1995 09:57:38 -0400
        Hello all.  A quick question: I'm trying to migrate an existing
mailing list to listserv.  I have a list header all set up, but I'm
wondering what the best way to move the subscribers' list is.  I have a
list of all the subscribers by email address and name, in the same format
that a REVIEW might give me.  Is there any way I can send that file to
LISTSERV and have everyone added to the list "quietly" (as in: they don't
get a subscription message), or should I write a script that sends mail
subscribing them all?

        Also, is there a document that describes the different list
"messages" -- welcome, info, etc. and how to add them?

Thanks in advance!

Lee Silverman     [log in to unmask]      http://www.netspace.org/users/lee/
Network: Any thing reticulated or decussated, at equal distances,
         with interstices between the intersections.  -- S. Johnson