Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:13:05 -0600
On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:08:48 -0700, Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>    * Auto-Delete= Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(40),Max(5)
>
>which will stretch it out a bit and reduce the number of failures needed
>to auto-delete.  This will keep them on the list for 40 days (5
>mailings) and autodelete them for 5 errors within that 40 days.

Delay(40) is much too abusive of machine resources.  If you mail weekly you need
only set Delay(8),Max(5)  (I would not set higher than Delay(3) for a weekly
list)  You merely need LISTSERV to monitor them long enough to reach the time of
the next mailing.  If they bounce this week, they will be monitored until the
next mailing.  If they bounce again, a new 8day monitoring period will start and
when they reach the 5 (Or 3) total bounces, they will be auto deleted.  If they
don't bounce again they will fall out of monitoring the next day.