"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:44:34 -0600
You did not understand the nature of the problem.  Subscribers
received the automated message that if they did NOT confirm they
would be dropped.  They wanted to be dropped and did not confirm.
They were not dropped in the specified time (the 7 day default).
I was concerned because the list had not been in existence for a
year and no one should have received a renewal request at all.
I wrote to the listowners' list because I was concerned that
there might be a bug in the program.  It turned out that
someone had rebooted the Temple system (where the list resides),
put in December 1996 instead of December 1995, and activated the
renew function.  The error was corrected almost immediately, but some
notices had gone out.
Ingrid Shafer ([log in to unmask])