Satnam Brar <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 01:32:07 -0400
Hi there

I am trying to determine what is the best format to send list announcements
in, should they be sent in HTML or plain text?

Our lists are predominantly, one way lists where we send out information
announcements, newsletters, bulletins. We are currently sending everything
as plain text; but, some list owners have started to use html or rich text
to send out their announcements. Since, I am taking over for someone who
has left the company and the most technical person in the company, I am
taksed with maintaining the ListServ and all the lists (10 sofar). We are
currently using version ListServ 14.3 and will be using 14.4 next month.

So, just trying to get some sense of what people are using and if they had
any issues or concerns about one or the other. The staff like the rich text
format and html since it gives them more control of formatting.

Has anyone else gone down this road and what option did they choose and why?

Thank you in advance for all your feedback.