Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 15:19:21 GMT
On Thu, 13 Nov 1997 09:12:19 -0500, Mark London <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have an AOL user on my mailing list, and occasionally she sends a reply and
>the header of the original message gets attached to the bottom of the message,
>and then the message gets rejected because of it.  This is intermittent,
>and she has no idea what she does to cause it.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
>Btw, please email me directly your answer.

The AOL mail handler normally formats the msg at read-time with the To:
From: Subject: Date: lines first, followed by the msg text, followed by the
full headers (separated by a line)

Normally, when making a Reply or Fwd, the msg headers are deleted.
However, the msg text is not usually quoted, so if the user wants to quote
part/all of the msg in their reply, they must 'select' the msg, either with
the mouse, or Ctrl+A (all) for it to be quoted.  This is how the headers
can get included in the new msg.

The only solution is for the user to be careful to delete/edit out the
copied headers from new outgoing msg.  They have to look/read all the way
to the bottom of their msg to do this.

 Ben Parker .......... (Aurora, CO) ........... [log in to unmask]