Carl Reimann <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 19:13:31 -0400
> Date:    Mon, 2 Oct 1995 20:15:56 -0700
> From:    Richard Hintz <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Eudora and Forwarding (Was Re: "RESENT:" Mail Program)
>
> I don't know who developed the plug in.  There's no attribution at the FTP
site.

> I'd approach getting a similar plug in for the PC by complaining (bitterly)
> to Qualcomm.  The Eudora approach to forwarding as delivered is non
> standard and should definitely be changed.  I lost interest in pursuing

It's also a snap to fix. Just edit your eudora.ini file, inserting the line

QuotePrefix=

which means 'precede forwarded lines with nothing'.

As for needing to preserve the from line on mederated lists, just use
Send=Editor,Hold (or whatever the syntax is). All you to then is reply to the
listserv-forwards with 'ox' as you would in the normal confirmation process.
No 'resent-from' header needed.

Carl