Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 May 1999 09:51:29 -0400
On Wed, 5 May 1999, Cindy,Heavilin wrote:
> Sorry that I asked my question here.  I end up being being insulted and
> the point of my post totally missed.  I guess I didn't word it well enough.
> There are several options that only a list owner can set: editor, norenew,
> review and nopost.  If these options are only controlled by the owner, why
> should they show up when a query is sent by the list member?

   It is unfortunate that you felt insulted, but I understand how you did
feel that way. Being on this list for more years than I care to remember I
can say that what is often embedded in an answer to technical questions is
also a very sincere attempt to educate and assist with non-technical
aspects of List Ownership if they are perceived as relevant to the
question.

   As to your specific technical question question.  I think it is a good
question for consideration as part of a wish list, which was the subject
of your mail.

--Trish

Trish Forrest, Listserv Admin
Queen's University