Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:57:02 -0600
At 03:33 PM 8/25/98 -0400, Nathan Brindle wrote:
>A full name is sure helpful when you're trying to find a user who signed
>up with an ID like [log in to unmask] and is sending you mail from

I agree that a full name can be helpful in many cases.   My real point,
however, is that since there is no assurance that a FULL name is a REAL
name, there are many purposes I've heard people claim over the last decade
that are just not valid.  However, the one that you've made, Nathan, is, as
I would expect, perfectly good and valid.   It just isn't good enough for
ME to go to any trouble to try to "enforce" any sort of "real name rule".

cheers and THUMP!!  (sound of me letting this one drop)

dan
--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
[log in to unmask]   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/