Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 May 1997 16:35:27 GMT
On Sat, 24 May 1997 08:22:39 +0900, "Eng-Leong \"Jacky\" Foo"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>UN Univ's Inst of advanced studies in tokyo is changing to Windows NT and
>Office 97 but I have a problem since a hidden " > " is added to my email
>when I use the "FORWARD" or "REPLY".

See the following msg, which refers to a similar problem.

Date:         Fri, 25 Apr 1997 11:03:08 +0200
Sender:       LISTSERV give-and-take forum <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Stringfield, Bob" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: ListServ/LSMTP - Exchange Mailer Interface Problems

I am having a bit of a problem with the Exchange 4.0 mailer interfacing
with ListServ/LSMTP.   I thought upgrading to 1.8c would perhaps take
care of the problem but such was not the case.  What happens is you can
retrieve a header or file from the ListServ but when you forward to the
server '>>'  is inserted and since the 'greater than' sign is ignored
nothing happens.