Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 4 Dec 1993 01:42:40 EST
 Tonight the address <[log in to unmask]> was subscribed to every
 public list on JHUVM's LISTSERV.  Since they range widely in subject
 matter, and there are quite a lot of lists, I think it's possible that
 this is another case of someone being subscribed to every know mailing
 list.  You might want to check your lists for this address and "SET
 NOMAIL" or just "DELETE" it.  The mail traffic headed towards the
 site in Germany could be extraordinary if people don't step on this
 immediately.

 I'm CC'ing a copy of this note to the postmasters of the Internet
 hosts listed as mail exchangers (MX hosts) for HD.MAUS.DE since they
 will probably see a huge increase in mail through their systems.

 I checked a few lists on UGA, and found the same address, so it's
 clear that not just JHUVM got hit.  Please remove him immediately,
 the result could be quite messy otherwise.

 -jj

 Aside to JHUVM list owners, I've "SET NOMAIL"d Mr. Volk's subscriptions
 on all JHUVM lists.