Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:23:38 -0500
Conor Doyle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I am trying to set up a moderated list.  The problem I have run into
> is the way that the moderator has to approve the messages.  Right now
> she needs to forward the email to the list for it to be approved.
> All the messages look like they came from her.  Is this a
> configuration error on my part, an error on our part in reading the
> directions, or just the way that Listserv is set up?  Any help will
> be greatly appreciated.

You have a couple of choices here.

1) if you're not editing the original message, using the "ok" mechanism
is usually the best.

2) Use a MUA that allows for a REDIRECT (which is fundamentally
different than a simple "forward").  Outlook/Outlook Express do not have
this.  Eudora does, but puts an annoying "by way of" in the name field.
Pegasus works great *if* you don't edit the message - if you do edit the
message, it generates new headers (meaning it looks like it will come
from you).  Of course, both pine & elm have the "bounce" command, which
does redirects properly too.

Chris Barnes                                       AOL IM: CNBarnes
[log in to unmask]                            Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager                               ph: 979-845-7801
Department of Physics                                 fax: 979-845-2590
Texas A&M University