"J. Lyle" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 11:42:12 -0500
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Debra Douglass wrote:

>  >>If the sender of a message used almost any HTML-aware email client
>  >>other than Eudora, the "package" received by LISTSERV will contain
>  >>two copies of the message text, separated by MIME headers. One copy
>  >>will be plain text, the other will be HTML-ized. This keyword setting
>  >>causes LISTSERV to remove the MIME attachment containing the HTML
>  >>from the message before processing.
>  >>
>  >>If the sender used Eudora, there will be only one copy of the text, with
>  >>embedded HTML. Consequently, the HTML will not (cannot) be removed by
>  >>LISTSERV.
>
> The HTML/NOHTML keywords do not work like that. They only work for altering
>  the way LISTSERV creates Digests and Indexes, not for altering
>  individual mailing list posts. LISTSERV does not alter the text of
>  individual posts.

Are you sure? My co-owner and I ran a test this morning, and Listserv
successfully stripped the HTML coding out of a message that he posted
using Outlook 2000. (See the archived post below.) This has been a big
problem for us with new subscribers, so we're thrilled to know there's a
way to deal with it. (I wish there were a way to deal with Eudora HTML
mail, though.)

I receive individual messages, and there was no HTML attachment to this
post when I received it.

Jane