Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 May 1995 09:00:00 PDT
On Thu, 25 May 09:25, N. Sriram "The Shrim Dude!"
 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Is there a way where we can set the delivery time-limit for an email
> message sent to the List? Say 3 days at the most.

Three days is not enough.  It took God six days.

Say you post something on Friday, May 26th, at 5 PM,
and one of the subscribers has a machine which goes "down" at about that time,
and the system-manager for that machine has left the office, for the weekend.

After 24 hours, e.g., Saturday, May 27th, at 5 PM,
the system is still down -- the system-manager doesn't work Saturday.

After 48 hours, e.g., Sunday, May 28th, at 5 PM,
the system is still down -- the system-manager doesn't work Sunday.

After 72 hours, e.g., Monday, May 28th, at 5 PM,
the system is still down -- the system-manager is observing the Memorial Day
holiday in the USA.

After 88 hours, e.g., Tuesday, May 29th, at 9 AM,
the system-manager reports to work, and fixes the problem.