"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 11:33:47 -0500
On  1 Apr 97 at 9:55, Mott, Jim wrote:

> I run a moderated list and some of my subscribers have complained
> that all messages seem to come from me and not from the list.
> Is there anyway to make sure messages show up in my subscriber's
> readers with the list name instead of mine?  Or does this depend
> on what mailer they are using.

Jim,

   All messages will have the From: line reflect the true sender
(this is required to comply fully with the RFCs) and your list name
will appear in the Reply-To: field (if so coded in your lists
header).  This cannot be changed.

   You can, of course, add a subject tag to differentiate your lists
mail from other mail.

   I hope this helps.

Lawrence B. York
L-Soft International, Inc.