Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 12:41:41 -0800
Bon Matin Maureen,

BLUES-L is private and it does not matter the path a message a take, it
the From: line is subbed it goes to the list otherwise it bounces. One
thing, though many News reader a misconfigured or use a slightly variant
address... If people using them never were always posting to "open list"
it was not underlined before...

And some News reader may generate a different From: line ... Anyways
jsut because of lag time between News and mail list, I recommand you
suggest people to post through mail whatever the way they read ...

I've got many users using FreeAgent, Netscape Newsreader, and MS
equivalent they post via News and are processed as subscribers when
their post is forwarded to the list address. I do hope changing to
self-moderation won't change that.

I was under the assumption that the only thing self-moderation gave more
then going simply "private" is to offer non-subscribers the possiblity
to contribute via approval of the primary editor (plus being able to
customize the reject message via the POST_EDITOR template).

Am I getting this correct ?

--
Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L, waiting to implement the changes ...