Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 05:00:26 -0800
Bon Matin Philo

> I have a listserv list gated to a newsgroup, which simply causes me all
> sorts of problems regarding control, etc. I think I have an answer:
>
> Create a *moderated* newsgroup, with <listname>@host.domain as the moderator.
> [log in to unmask] would be subscribed to the list as usual.
>
> Someone posts to the newsgroup, the message is sent to the list for
> "approval". Message is distributed via normal listserv mechanics, including
> to [log in to unmask], which sees it as coming from "the moderator"
> (<listname>@host.domain), and so posts it properly.
>
> Contributions to the mailing list directly are seen as being forwarded by
> the moderator, and are posted.
>
> Would this work?
>
> Philo <-not very familiar with moderated newsgroups...
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Yes it works. That is the setup that we have. [log in to unmask] is
subed to LIST. And the bit.listserv.LIST newsgroup is moderated to the
list address.

Then if you set Send=Private, News users most be subed to post.

If you set :
Send=Editor,Hold
Editor=Your_e-mail,(LIST)
Any sub'er message goes in but you have to OK any non-sub address via
the cookie method (just replying with OK, like sub condirmation). If you
don't reply OK within 48 hours the post is flushed by LISTSERV.

What is the Send= keyword in your header ?

I was under the impression that there was no other to gatewat a
Newsgroup then to have it moderated to the list address. Can a LISTSERV
list be gatewayed with a unmoderated Newsgroup ?

Maybe the "requirement" only applies to the bit.listserv hierarchy ?

--
Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L gatewayed to bit.listserv.blues-l