"M. A. Gilbert" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:20:41 -0400
Greetings. I'm a new list member, and have been lurking for a bit. I
own about 16 lists, ranging from one of about 250 members, to several
quite smaller. I am the Computer Coordinator for the Department of
Philosophy of York University, so I run the dept lists. Most of the
department lists are private and composed of different groups, e.g.,
the graduate faculty, or undergraduate instructors, etc.

My question is this. I periodically receive a notice that there is an
error on an account that is not and, to the best of my knowledge, has
never been on the list. There are two concerns: security of the list,
and the annoyance of the error messages.

Can anyone help?  The message is below. It is for [log in to unmask],
and came as: GRADPHIL: Daily error monitoring report

Thanks,
Michael

The following 1 subscriber is currently being monitored:

Err First Last  Address
                Last error: User unknown

Err=   Number of delivery errors received thus far
First= Date first delivery error was received (mm/dd)
Last=  Date of most current delivery error (mm/dd)