Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 22:41:06 GMT
On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:19:36 -0800, Liz Best <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have
>tried replying to the message, leaving it intact and putting in both the
>listserv password and the list password, I have tried the same, but
>forwarding it, ... What is
>the trick to make this work?
>
>FYI - If I create a new message and cut and paste "ADD ITTEST
>[log in to unmask] Some User" and send that to
>[log in to unmask] it works. This is all being done from
>Exchange client 5.0

>// JOB PW=XXXXXXXX
>ADD ITTEST [log in to unmask] Some User
>// EOJ

Alas the problem is not with LISTSERV but with Exchange.  When you REPLY or
FORWARD msgs, (try sending them to yourself at another email address)
Exchange places a > in the left margin of the quoted part of the original
message (even though you editied it) AFTER you push send, so you don't see
this.  Unfortunately, that renders the command invisible to LISTSERV which
ignores all quoted text set off with >.

There are 3 work arounds.  One is as you noted above, to copy the the
message to clipboard and compose a new msg to LISTSERV and then insert the
command line from clipboard.  Two involves editing the Registry to remove
this helpful feature (I can supply the info).  Three is use a different
mail client that isn't quite so 'helpful'. 8-(

 Ben Parker ..... L-Soft international Inc. ..... [log in to unmask]