Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:47:47 -0500
We have a few lists on our Listserv 1.8d server (under Unix with qmail)
that have something like 40,000 subscriptions with the subscriptions all
pointing to the same email server. When email to these lists goes out
(they're moderated lists), it stresses our email server complex. What I am
wondering is if there is a way to control the size of the batched emails
that get forwarded to our central email server on a per list basis.

For example, say I have a list called EVERYONE-HERE and I have 40,000
subscriptions on that list that all point to the server email.temple.edu,
instead of having Listserv batch all 40K subscriptions at once, it would
be nice to break up the batch into four groups of 10,000 subscriptions
with a 15 minute interval between each group. Is this possible? If so,
how?

Thanks and happy holidays