"A. Ralph Papakhian" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jun 1992 11:05:18 EST
I  didn't  mean  to  suggest  alphabetizing  the  list  as  utilized  by
listserv. Some  individuals on  MLA-L would like  an alphabetic  sort by
surname. But  that doesn't have  to be a  result of the  REView command.
The  problem has  been that  since the  surnames of  subscribers do  not
begin in  the same  column, it  is difficult  to sort  alphabetically by
surname  (either with  xedit or  a  word processor).  I thought  someone
might have devised an easy way to do that already.

Most cordially,
A. Ralph Papakhian, Music Library (Co-Listowner for MLA-L@IUBVM)
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
(812) 855-2970  [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]