Martin Raish <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Dec 1992 11:09:54 ECT
On Thu, 3 Dec 1992 Eric Thomas said:

>The  next version  will also  include code  to automatically  process the
>nondelivery  reports generated  by LMail  and  delete users  for which  a
>permanent delivery error was reported.

This sounds liks a wonderful feature!  Thanks.  I'm curious, though,
as to what exactly LMail is, and what errors are considered "permanent."
Is LMail a generic term for a variety of mailers of a certain type, or
is it a particular one?  I use RiceMail.  Is it affected?

As to the possible "permanent" errors -- here are my guesses as to
which are permanent.

   Host unknown = yes
   User unknown = yes
   Disc quota exceeded = ??
   Unable to connect for __ days = ??
   Can't create output = yes? (account closed?)

I know that there are myriad error messages; how will listserv
interpret them all?

Just curious, really.  Mostly wanted to say thanks.

-- Martin

Martin Raish                        "Computers are useless.
Main Library, Box 6012               They only give you answers."
Binghamton University                -- Pablo Picasso
Binghamton  NY  13902-6012