Harriet Bograd <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 13:38:22 EST
I am coordinating an online discussion group (on "cyber-accountability"
of nonprofit organizations) using our Internet provider's majordomo
software.  But, at least with our provider, there is no facility for
archiving or digesting messages.

I have been told that listserv or listproc would better suit our needs.  But
I have no idea how one goes about getting to use listserv software.  Where do
you get it?  Who supports it?  Do I need to find some kind of Internet
provider that has it?  If our organization will soon have its own Web server,
will we be able to get and run listserv ourselves?  Is it likely that I can
find some organization which would provide listserv facilities for free?

Is there an FAQ or primer of some sort that would get me started on these
questions?

A former member of the LSTOWN-L listserv forwarded some messages to me, but
could not tell me how to join this list.  So for now, please send responses
to me personally.

Thanks.

Harriet Bograd, Attorney/Consultant e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York
Coordinator, Cyber-Accountability Support Group (join: e-mail [log in to unmask])
Web Site: http://www.bway.net/~hbograd/cyb-acc.html