Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:24:50 -0700
On 23 Jun 2002, at 22:09, Ben Parker wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 18:41:21 -0400, Jason Lustig
> wrote:
>
> >Do you know how to do this with the LISTSERV program? I think this
> > would work really well, even if it only put them in an approval queue,
> > so that they could be dealt with. I looked through the manual, and I
> > couldn't find out how to do this... is this possible?
>
> yes, in 1.8e only, using the CONTENT_FILTER for each list.
>
> See the Release Notes:
>
> http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/relnotes/v18e-own.html#contentfilter

When I first read this, I thought, "Great, now I have a way to bounce
messages with the bottom banner left on from a previous post" - but, alas,
it doesn't work this way.  The server tacks on the bottom banner BEFORE
it goes through the content filters.  Why is this?  It would be so great to be
able to reject messages that haven't been trimmed up, and it also prevents
bouncing and "unsubscribe" request if the filter reads the unsubscribe
information on the bottom of the message (assuming it is set to find
"unsubscribe" in the message text instead of subject)  Is there any way to
filter out messages that are sending the bottom banner back through again?