Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jul 1993 14:32:38 EDT
I've asked my postmaster to do something which he says he will do
immediately if he's told it will definitely work, but otherwise it
will happen "maybe next month" if has has to figure it out.  I'd like
to know the following:

I've requested that a special alias address be created that will
point to listname-request@nodename .  Our node runs L-MAIL and my
postmaster is uncertain whether simply setting up the direct alias of
special@nodename to listname-request@nodename will work if he only
takes the one step to set that alias, vs. having to re-configure
something within L-MAIL to achieve that.  My postmaster is not
certain whether the address listname-request is an address that
LISTSERV creates and handles within itself (in which case he can set
up the alias immediately) or or whether listname-request is something
that's configured in his L-MAIL mailer (in which case he will need to
find time to do the re-configuring & testing, and it will be some
time before he can get to that).

I'm trying to get this set up rapidly since I want to tell a certain
publisher to include the special alias address in an upcoming article,
and the deadline is Monday.  Any assistance will be very appreciated.

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]  [log in to unmask]