Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 23:02:14 -0800
On 17 Dec 97, Anne H Toal wrote:

> Is this beta very stable? Because I'd seriously consider doing so if I
> didn't think I'd lose my job over it.

I love it!  I use the www archive for my lists, plus also use the HTML digest
feature with MS Outlook Express (IE 4.0) My list members realy appreciate
the search capabilities of the web pages, as well as the ease of changing
subscription options.  I use it to do a quick check on the list mail from work.
Both the HTML digest feature and the Mime digest feature have varying degrees
of success depending on the mail program that I use.  Regular MS Outlook is
useless with either HTML digest or Mime digest.  Hotmail isn't real great with
either - but much better than MS Mail or MS Outlook.  Pegasus is in its full
glory with Mime digests - you'd have to see it to appreciate it.  If anyone
wants to see how my lists are customized, you're welcom to look at either:

http://apple.ease.lsoft.com/archives/sar-dogs.html

or

http://home.ease.lsoft.com/archives/dogs4christ.html

There are also some good examples in the dog categories if you go to:

http://apple.ease.lsoft.com/archives/index.html

and look at the following lists:  Bichon Frise, Anatolian Shepher, Livestock
Guard Dogs, and a few of the others.  These same lists also use HTML in their
header files, as can be seen by doing a search on Catalist and viewing the
results.  The HTML customizing in the list archives show up in the HTML digests
- it's very pretty.

Liz Marr
--
     mailto:[log in to unmask]       KA7MYM