Karen Strauss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 21:28:47 -0400
About a year ago I wrote to the folks at webtv and asked them this very
question -- how do I tell one of my subscribers how to turn off
automatic quoting. They told me that you can't do it. But that was a
year ago and they may have changed the software since then.

Too bad we can't just set something in the list header that says if
there are more than XX lines of quoted materials prefaced by > then
return the message to the poster with a rejection notice explaining
about quoting and how it clutters a list.

Karen Strauss