Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 31 May 1994 13:37:16 -0400
On Sun, 29 May 1994 09:36:19 -0500, Joan Korenman wrote:
>there may also be some people who will pay you to help them deal with
>mailing lists as well.   I am still having trouble seeing why this latter
>service is needed by more than a few people, though, and thus why people
>would pay you to do what many of us already do for free (i.e., help folks
>who are having difficulty using our lists).

Our computer center has a help desk (physical room or by telephone or
email) and LOTS of free handouts.  So howcome an enterprising student has
been doing a booming business in the library's 24 hour room selling a "How
to use the Internet at UConn" document at $5 a pop?

I'm not sure because I haven't read it, but if you go to the Computer
Center and ask they hand you a form and point you toward a wall of
handouts.  I expect there are people willing to pay for the needle without
the haystack (Here's how the form looks all filled out; here's a step by
step example of a login; here's a step by step example of how to get nifty
software from one of the many file transfer (aka ftp) sites listed in the
handy appendix ;-)

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]> (203) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (203) 486-5246 fax