Simeon ben Nevel <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 07:48:13 -0700
> I have been trying to help a user unsubscribe from one of our mailing
> lists.  This person is absolutely certain that they initially subscribed to
> the list with the email address that they are trying to unsubscribe from.
>
> I have tried the scan command with the email address they provided and have
> scanned for the domain name.  No luck, not even anything similar to their
> name.  Is there any other kind of command that I can use to search further?
>  Or is there something that i could ask them in order for me to define my
> search?

You can try the "query" command.  This person *may* have "conceal"ed
themselves which would hide them from the scan command.

Using my address as an example, there are several common variations that
can occur depending on the person's mail set-up.

I might have originally subscribed as sonic.net, but a change at my
isp could now be rendering my address as someothermachine.sonic.net

Any one of the following query command would find me:

    *nevel@*
    *@*sonic*
    *@*sonic.net

Good luck.

Simeon

--
[log in to unmask]      =-=-=-=-=   A rabbit is just an angel with big ears!
Send mail to [log in to unmask] with Subject: send index to get a listing of