Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 20 Jun 1992 08:49:23 EDT
On Sat, 20 Jun 1992 00:26:35 EST Kathryn Wright said:
>The variety of responses has been very informative, and maybe it's time to
>move on to another topic, but ...
>
>among those interesting responses, how many would allow a Bitnet listowner
>to tend his/her list while away from home base?  This was not my angle in
>asking the question, because I have arrangements for competent management
>while I'm away, but some other listowners do do listowning on the road.  And
>as it so happens, they are not the traveling kind, to the extent that invest-
>ment in private laptop, modem, etc. would be economical.  For once or twice a
>year, a couple of days or so at a time?
>
>I should keep it down to one topic per message of course, but this does raise
>the question of how listowners manage while they're away.  Oh well.

I don't  know how other  sites are, but  here at Temple,  if a list  owner is
going to be away from campus for a  while, and cannot get to our IBM remotely
via telnet, all he  or she has to do is ask our  Postmaster, me, to watch the
list during that time.

    Stan Horwitz              |*|  STAN @ VM.TEMPLE.EDU
    IBM Electronic Mail       |*|  My opinions are my own and do not
    Applications Consultant   |*|  necessarily reflect those of my
    Temple University         |*|  employers or anyone else.