Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:22:39 -0500
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Pete Weiss wrote:
> I think these are different users with similar problems: echoing list
> mail back to the list making it look like the original sender.

So, do you think the subscribers themselves are doing it, either
accidentally or deliberately?  Or do you think it is the mail system
the subscribers happen to be on?   I've always assumed that such things
are the fault of the system and/or the administrators, but I don't know
what it is nor how it is done.  I have my doubts about subscribers to
this list having either the knowledge or ability/authorization to do
something like this, certainly not, so far, three different ones (I didn't
send any samples from the third as there are so many subscribers there
(caphealth.org) I've no idea which one, or even if it was associated
with a particular subscriber there or the system as a whole.

Douglas