Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:24:08 -0500
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, James Wieschhaus wrote:
> Hello I have Listserv 1.8d.  I need to know how to delete a message from
> the archives.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Identify the log which contains the item you want to delete
  send   index listname  to your hostsite LISTSERV address

GET the pertinent log
delete/modify the message
PUT the edited log

Note, if you totally delete the item your archive indexing, the numbers and
maybe other things, will be mucked up.  You might want to put some
editorial item there, as a place marker, rather than totally deleting item
number whateveritis.

Douglas Winship