Tue, 9 Mar 1999 00:58:25 -0600
I was planning to do this today anyway, but an item forwarded to me by a
coowner from a list to which I used to subscribe lends some credence to my
observations: subscribers get a little wild this time of year.

Anything seems to set them off, even the former lurkers, posting
ad nauseum on the least thing they can rant about, and they get really
upset if you insist they follow the rules, or there is the least delay
in their items being distributed.  And some always, at this time of year,
want this that or the other done (we ain't talkin' subs/dels, we're
talking "put this in the filelist, make sure this is posted, etc."

As I am a little dense it has taken me a few years for it to snap,
but it seems it is always this way this time of year.  There are
other, predictable, "silly seasons" but this is usually the worst
for acrimony, overextension of threads, etc.

Been thinking of it for some time, have come to think of it as
"the march hare syndrome."  Has anyone else noticed this?

Are their any of those psychologists who sometimes lurk on the
list currently lurking?

Douglas