"Michael S. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 19:04:04 -0800
On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Debra Wilson wrote:

> sorry... I guess I didnt read your message fully before answering..... you
> already knew about the header stuff....

Yes, thanks, I use Pine, and have configured it to enable the Headers
command.  ^_^

> as for listserv...... I am not sure..... I would have to see a header from a
> message that was forwarded by listserv to the list owner to see what it was
> doing with it.....

When LISTSERV receives a subscription request, it generates a completely
new mail message based on the (From or Reply-To?) information in the
original, and sends that new message to the list owners for confirmation,
specially formatted with "// job" and "// eoj" so that it is possible to
reply or forward the message back to LISTSERV for quick approval.
However, because LISTSERV generates a completetly new message, this throws
away any header information present in the original subscription request's
message.

My question is: how can I direct LISTSERV 1.8b to send list owners that
information instead of throwing it away?

I hope this clears things up,
--
Michael