Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Jun 1992 15:15:15 PDT
On Sun, 28 Jun 1992 15:32:17 MST Nauman Mysorewala <PAKOWNER@ASUACAD> wrote:
>I receive so many delivery errors saying 'Host Unknown'
>I know that the host exist; can anyone tell me what might the problem be?

The problem is that [log in to unmask] asked the nameserver software,
running on the 'ASUVAX.EAS.ASU.EDU' machine, for the Internet address which
corresponds to the name 'FRITH.EGR.MSU.EDU', but some software/hardware
problems occurred, e.g., either ASUVAX or the nameservers for the MSU machine
('SERV1.CL.MSU.EDU' and 'SERV2.CL.MSU.EDU') could not give the right answer.
Unfortunately, some bugs(!) in some software turned an "I don't know" answer
into an "authoritative" answer of 'host not known'.
Whatever the temporary problem was which caused the original problem,
it's been fixed.  So, just try to re-send the E-mail.