John Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:56:37 -0400
Jacob-

Thanks for pointing me to the FAQ.

It will probably take me some time to understand the FAQ options.

I think I prefer Option 2 which is to disable the generic templates.
However, I have several lists hosted by the same provider. I suppose
when it talks about disabling the generic templates, this can be done
for each list separately or for one only?

I'm not too experienced working with templates and I must do this via
email. What I've done in the past was to add a BOTTOM BANNER using the
following PUT cmd

PUT [LIST-NAME] MAILTPL pw=*********
>>> BOTTOM_BANNER
[my text here]

Would the cmds to disable the generic Welcome message be:

PUT [LIST-NAME] MAILTPL pw=*********
>>> ADD1 Not needed
.QQ

and
PUT [LIST-NAME] MAILTPL pw=*********
>>> SIGNUP1 Not needed
.QQ

??????

I want to suppress both generic messages (for welcome and farewell)
and use my own.

What about disabling the generic Farewell message?

John