David Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 20:11:51 -0400
This has been a common problem with AOL's delivery of list-based mail since
even before Steve Case vocally pretended to care about kids' safety online.
I've never seen a clear explanation of what you term spotty delivery, nor do
I expect one.  It may have something to do with queues getting jammed up and
some mail getting held and released at off-peak times while other mail goes
right through to final delivery, but I'm not certain. It may have something
to do with the service's spam-filtering heuristic (please don't laugh) or
both of these. Or maybe neither. Perhaps it's sunspots. Yeah, that's the
ticket.

Dave Phillips