Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:49:20 -0500
On 10 Jan 2006 at 10:54, David Phillips <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> But why is ListServ altering the returnpath in the firstplace?

The return path is where bounces go to. Do you want LISTSERV to
handle bounces for you or do you want bounces to go to each person
who posts to the list? (Hopefully, you are cringing at the very
thought and I don't need to say more about that).

> I'll
> have to go lookup sender validation, but even if a '+' was used,
> rather than the '*', that's still not a real email address.

It is a real email address in LISTSERV. It's where bounces go to for
that email address on that list. I have no idea why PostFix would
refuse addresses with '*' in them. According to RFC822, they are
perfectly legit. As a matter of fact, we have Postfix running on one
of our development servers and it works just fine. I suspect it must
be a configuration problem, but I can't help you with Postfix
configuration.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html