Paul di Virgilio COMPUMED <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Apr 1994 07:29:51 -0500
The problem I had was errors was that upon verification none of the
error messages were reason to remove the person from your list. In
most cases the follow-up proved that the mail had actually been
received and the participants were content and not bouncing the mail.
So you can't just remove the participant immediately. I have never
bothered to find out where the errors are generated but it is being
followed up. I have been running conferences for more than 2 years
now and I have seen all of the problems come and go from various
recipients. Someone on another list joked about the ease of generating
the message "host unknown" as a false error message. I would check
before I just removed the participant from the list at any rate as
these messages seem to be singularly un reliable.

                        Best regards,

                        Paul.
--

Dr. Paul S. di Virgilio,  University of Toronto  [log in to unmask]